Elisa Puzzuoli has been practicing the art of issues management at Prudential Financial for over 20 years. She is responsible for monitoring and analyzing an array of domestic and international issues for the company. Working closely with business units and government affairs staff, Elisa helps develop public policy positions on strategic issues. She has integrated the tools of issues management with market research and competitive intelligence to help develop business strategy and identify new market opportunities at the corporate level.
The majority of Elisa’s career at Prudential has been in public affairs roles, including assignments in corporate community relations and the Prudential Foundation.
Her responsibilities have included:
- Staffing senior executives in their involvement with external trade associations and other industry groups
- Providing market and competitive intelligence services to business units on competitors and trends in key markets
- Serving on the corporate Marketing Council to develop brand strategy and provide market and competitive intelligence
- Heading the company’s business library, which provides a broad array of information and secondary research services
- Program officer and Secretary of The Prudential Foundation
- Design and lead community affairs initiatives, including employee volunteer programs